Sunday 19 September 2010

Jagdpanzer IV Platoon

A platoon I never bothered taking pictures of before when they were "clean", then decided to weather them and got (quite a bit) carried away. Basically test pieces for a box of King Tigers which come really beaten-up, so a few new (for me) techniques tried on these in case I seriously messed-up. Click for larger versions.

JPIV1
JPIV2


I guess I'm trying to stick with my usual clean style but with a bit of weathering added: went too far on these in most places I think. The "chipping" also looks a little harsh to my eye: a softer approach might work better for my stuff.

JPIV3
JPIV4


I probably need to adopt a "less is more" approach in future, and stop doing the weathering late at night when I'm not really paying attention...

CdlT

3 comments:

  1. Normally I don't much care for Jagdpanzers for some reason, but these are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice looking models.
    Maybe less chipping would look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very nice as is normal from you.If your looking for more weathering try lightly dry brushing Iraqi sand over the armor as that helps with the blending.Mig pigments are also great for adding dirt and or dust.
    Best of luck on the Tigers and I'm looking forward to seeing them!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...